Saturday, March 17, 2018

Perspective from a window seat

I’m wanting so badly to take care of the needs of the sweet Brazilian next to me, and though I’ve done a decent job of that so far, I can’t bring myself to ask him if he’d like for me to close the window as the sun is rising at 4:40 in the morning. The view, even from behind the wing of the plane, is so beautiful and displays so much glory that I can’t bring myself to close it out. He doesn’t seem to mind though as he stares through the glass with me. I noticed I’m the only seat with the window open as far as my vision will allow me to see and I can’t help but want to yell “open your windows people, let the light in!” 
   And that’s when He spoke, “I am the Light.” Probably seeming a little odd when I audibly giggled, I then replied, “well good morning, Lord. Yes, you are and you are beautiful. Nice to hear from you so soon and as we’re currently flying over Manaus. I see your timing is perfect as usual.”
 I tend to think of most things I do as selfish, because naturally as a human on planet earth, we quickly place our needs or wants before others. But today, I was encouraged with the following thoughts as I keep the window open to see the sky: 
 Isn’t that how we should be as believers? That is to be so filled with joy and excitement that we can’t put out the Light and we only want for everyone around to see a Light so bright that they desire to run full force towards it because they want so badly to find the source of it. The man behind me just opened his window. I’m silently cheering him on. “Yes. You go sir, let that person behind you see it.” Maybe they’ll see just a glimpse of His goodness. Maybe the young man next to me will too. He has Revelation 12:11 in Portuguese on his wrist band; maybe he already has. 
 That’s my prayer for the people we meet this week. May we take care of their physical needs to improve the force production they’ll need to move towards a Light that satisfies and sustains all their needs. May we be vessels of you, Jesus, and all of your glory. And may we not be afraid to keep the window open. 
-LT

 John 8: 12,  Matthew 5: 14-16 

No comments:

Post a Comment