Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday

The MMI clinic at Shalom opened today! We broke up into teams and did all sorts of things- ranging from wheelchair fittings, general exercises for back pain, and orthotic fittings. Rachel and I got to work with one of our Peds therapists, Jenna. Jenna is a recent grad and was a ton of fun to work with. We are learning so much from her. Today I used my orthotic making skills and fit three children with AFOs! I had to use the heat gun and everything to flare out those edges, so thanks Dr. Jones for teaching me that! For our last patient of the day, Jenna gave Rachel and I the reigns and let us do everything. This young man had an in-toe gait and had weak lower extremities, so Rachel and I gave him some exercises to work on his strength and then fitted him with an orthotic to help control his pronation. He was our first "real" patient, and I don't think either one of us will forget him! We were also able to pray for him and his family. Thank you all for your prayers! We cannot wait to see what God is going to do the rest of the week! -Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment